These 8 incredible Spices can be used as part of your daily diet as a primary weapon for combating disease and illnesses. The main goal has to be always to make your immune system healthy so that you prevent health problems from taking root. You can introduce these spices into your diet and experience these amazing health benefits. So use these 8 Incredible Spices to Spice up Your Life.
Let’s look at 8 potent spices that you should include in your diet. The good news is that these spices are inexpensive and very affordable. If you’re not used to the taste of these spices, you can slowly introduce them in your cooking.
Over time, you’ll acquire the taste for them. However, in most cases, people will usually love the taste and flavor that these aromatic spices bring to the dishes. Let’s take a look at the spices.
1. Mustard seeds
One of the most common spices used in many dishes. Very often, mustard is the first spice added in the hot oil before adding any other ingredient. Black mustard seeds are more potent and have a stronger taste.
Mustard seeds are rich in magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and calcium. They help to improve blood circulation, improve cardiovascular health and prevent psoriasis. There are many benefits, but these are just a few to take note of.
This spice – cinnamon is a very powerful antioxidant that improves circulation and removes toxins from the body. It’s also a natural blood thinner and strengthens your heart.
It’s an anti-inflammatory that helps to ward off infections, viruses and reduces your risk of diabetes.
This spice – turmeric has seen a sudden boost in popularity over the years ever since the West discovered the power of curcumin, which is the active ingredient in turmeric. This miracle spice is an anti-inflammatory and a natural antibiotic. It also reduces bad cholesterol and prevents allergies.
While using turmeric in your cooking is beneficial, you’re better off purchasing a turmeric supplement from a health store because you can get a good dose of curcumin from these supplements.
Used in most Indian dishes, this is a very versatile spice. It’s good for pain relief and when it comes to treating digestive problems, cumin is one of the best spices out there.
Cardamom seeds are great for treating bronchitis, colds, gas, irritable bowel syndrome, poor appetite and constipation. This spice also has natural oils that prevent the growth of bacteria and viruses.
Coriander seeds are usually used to treat rashes and nausea. Some coriander is boiled in water and mixed with milk and drunk as a quick remedy to alleviate these problems. It’s also great for treating water retention.
Cloves are another beneficial spice that can be used to treat hyperacidity. It improves digestion, fights inflammation and is even a mild aphrodisiac. So, you can forget the oysters and just take cloves instead!
Ginger is one of the most powerful spices on the planet, the list of benefits that you can get from ginger is long. It does just about everything from treating nausea to stimulating digestion and even helping women with painful periods.
These are just 8 of the many different spices that work wonders. Make these a part of your diet and in a month or two, you’ll be amazed at how much better you look and feel. So So use these 8 Incredible Spices to Spice up Your Life.
Here are some recipes to try with these amazing spices:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil – You can read about the amazing benefits of Coconut Oil HERE
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of water
- Rinse the Basmati Rice
- In a heavy-based medium pot, combine the basmati rice, water, turmeric, salt and coconut oil
- Cover and bring to a boil
- reduce heat cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for another 10 minutes
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork before serving
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 cups of water
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 small onion, sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Soak Lentils for 1/2 hr and Rinse
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and fry until softened.
- Then add garlic, ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cumin, cinnamon and coriander, lentils, water, turmeric and salt.
- Cover and simmer gently, stirring two or three times until the lentils are soft.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan over medium heat
- Add onion, cumin and mustard seeds, stir until cumin is slightly golden.
- Don’t let the spices burn!
- Pour lentils into the pan and stir well.
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon honey to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Peel the ginger and slice it thinly.
- Boil the ginger in water for at least 10 minutes.
Remove it from the heat and strain to a cup add the lime juice and honey to taste
Disclaimer: This website is written by a regular human. I am not a Health Professional. Please get professional medical advice for your specific health needs.