Sometimes making curries can be a little intimidating, with all sorts of difficult steps. This easy beef curry is something that we all can make with confidence and it’s something I make all the time for my family and friends – they all love it! This curry is filling, yet filled with healthy stuff only. The fragrance from the spices and the creamy texture from the coconut cream add extra flavour that I’m sure we’ll all enjoy. So let’s get started! Enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion peeled and chopped
- 500g lean beef cut into small pieces
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and ground to paste
- 2 cm fresh ginger root, peeled and ground to paste
- 3 green chillies seeded and very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 400 ml X 1 can creamed coconut
- 250 ml Water
- 3 springs coriander leaves chopped
- Mint leaves to garnish
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion until onion turns light brown.
Add the beef, garlic, ginger paste, chopped chillies, and turmeric mix well. Fry for 6-7 minutes until meat is dry.
Sprinkle on the cumin powder, add salt then stir in the creamed coconut.
Cook for 1-2 minutes, add the water and coriander leaves.
Cover and gently cook for 30-40 minutes, or until the meat is tender. Garnish with mint leaves.
Serve with yellow rice. Please see the Yellow Rice recipe below. This beef curry recipe can be prepared ahead of time as it is also freezer friendly.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil – You can read about the amazing benefits of Coconut Oil HERE
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of water
- Rinse the Basmati Rice
- In a heavy-based medium pot, combine the basmati rice, water, turmeric, salt and coconut oil
- Cover and bring to a boil
- reduce heat cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for another 10 minutes
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork before serving
You may like a similar curry recipe with chicken. Check this out: Chicken Curry.
Below are some recommended saucepans to cook curries.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links to products and services I am passionate about. Purchasing via these links won’t cost you any extra but it will help me enormously.