This is an unusual curry. Normally we use cashews with sweet dishes or roasted cashew for salads, but this raw cashew curry has lots of flavours and is also filled with amazing spices which add aroma to the curry. Feel free to check out my article on how spices benefit our health. Enjoy!
- 375 grams of raw cashews
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1-2 dried bay leaves
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 2 tsp of turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 400 ml can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak the cashews for 24 hours with cold water. When ready to cook, drain the cashews and keep them aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan on medium heat and add chopped onion and bay leaves.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, turmeric, paprika and salt. Mix well with onion and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the cashews and mix well until the cashews are all coated well with the spices.
- Add the coconut milk with ½ tin of warm water (wash the tin with warm water). Cook until the cashews are well cooked.
- Add the frozen peas and cook until they are soft. Mix regularly so the curry does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve immediately with rice and enjoy!
Here are some heavy-based good saucepans if you would like to explore some:
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links to products and services I am passionate about. Purchasing via these links won’t cost you any extra but it will help me enormously.