This curry gives you all the vegetables you need for your daily intake. This super tasty super easy mixed vegetable curry will be your quick and easy mid-week meal.
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 450 g diced mixed vegetables (e.g. potatoes, carrots, peas, beans, cauliflower and broccoli)
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2-3 tomatoes skinned and chopped
- 300 ml water/coconut cream
Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion until light brown. Then add the cumin seeds and fry until they crackle. Add the diced vegetables and stir in the chilli powder, coriander, turmeric, paprika and salt. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add either the chopped tomatoes or the lemon juice. Stir well and add only a little water if a dry vegetable curry is preferred. Cover and cook gently for 10-12 minutes until dry. For a moister curry stir in 300 ml coconut cream before covering and simmer for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Serve with Yellow Rice.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil – You can read about the amazing benefits of Coconut Oil HERE
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of water
- Rinse the Basmati Rice
- In a heavy-based medium pot, combine the basmati rice, water, turmeric, salt and coconut oil
- Cover and bring to a boil
- reduce heat cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for another 10 minutes
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork before serving
You may like a similar dish to the above-mixed vegetable curry. Try both curry recipes with chicken and beef. Check this out: Chicken Curry. Also the Beef Curry.