This super easy superfood salad trio for every occasion is not only easy to make, low in calories and can be served as a simple salad or a part of the starter. As we approach our festive season, these salads are suitable for any occasion and can be made for this special time. As you mindfully select what you would be eating these salads are a great addition to any meal for any occasion. Always stick with light salad dressing without having any creamy, heavy salad dressings. You can make them for everyday meals or any special occasion. You can also use some beautiful salad bowls and spoon to make this extra special for certain occasions. Increase the quantity of the ingredients as per the occasion. I am positive you will love this Superfood Salad Trio.
Minted Brown Rice Salad with Tomatoes and Asparagus with Lime and Tahini ginger dressing
This is a super easy salad to make and packed with superfood, colour and this healthy yet tasty salad can be served as a side dish. This also can be great as your day-to-day lunch (as a lunchbox idea). Full of colour and delicious and stunning for any occasion. This is one for your superfood salad TRIO for every occasion – enjoy!
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 2 bunches asparagus trimmed and cut into bite-size
- 400 cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
For the dressing:
- 2 cm fresh ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Tablespoon of raw honey
- Pinch of sea salt – as per your taste
- Cook the rice in a small saucepan of boiling water for 40 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Blanch asparagus in a small saucepan with boiling water. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, use a small bottle with a lid to mix and shake all the dressing ingredients to make a smooth, well-mixed dressing.
- Combine all the salad ingredients including chopped mint and tomatoes. Pour the dressing on top and mix lightly until all the ingredients are mixed well.
Colourful tomatoes, red onion and parsley salad
Super quick and easy yet colourful and tasty with the dressing. It’s also rich but light, so this superfood salad can also be served as a side or part of the starter for any occasion.
- 400g cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- A teaspoon of Dijon mustard
In a salad bowl, simply combine the red onion, chopped parsley and tomatoes. In a small bottle combine and shake all the dressing ingredients well and pour over the salad. Mix well and serve and enjoy! This salad is not only super easy to make it is absolutely super tasty. This is surely part of your superfood salad TRIO.
Cucumber and red onion salad with minted Greek yoghurt
A refreshing, cool, crisp salad with minted yoghurt dressing make for a wonderful accompaniment for any main dish. This is another super easy superfood salad to make.
- 1 large cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- A pinch of sea salt and ground pepper
For the dressing
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Put all the ingredients into a large salad bowl and toss to combine. Let the salad sit until you are ready to serve. Just before serving pour over the minted yoghurt dressing and mix well.
To make the minted yoghurt, mix the dressing ingredients and combine until well mixed all the ingredients. You can add a little sea salt according to your taste.
Disclaimer: This website is written by a regular human. I am not a Health Professional. Please get professional medical advice for your specific health needs.