Ever since I’ve started writing on this blog, I’ve really been enjoying writing about health and fitness, which I’m so passionate about. I love helping people reach their full potential in their health. I’ve also been getting lots of questions about how I set my blog up. As a result, I have created this blog post about starting a blog in an easy, affordable way. Even though this is a health and fitness blog I want to show you how easy it is to start your own blog and share your passions with the world. You can start a blog for just a few dollars a month.
To start a blog, you need a blogging platform and hosting which makes your blog live on the internet. I am recommending you Bluehost simply because Bluehost is one of the best hosting companies – it’s affordable and you can save a lot of money by signing up for at least 12 months. With Bluehost, you get WordPress free of charge and also get your domain name free for the 1st year. Bluehost also gives free SSL Certificates (these ensure that your website and all its data is fully secure). With the below link you can get a special Intro Offer.
So let’s get started.
1. Click ‘Get Started’:
Now you can select your plan. I recommend the Choice Plus plan simply because it includes “Domain Privacy” in the Choice Plus plan. (Domain Privacy will keep your personal contact information hidden from the public)
2. Now Enter your domain.
Let’s talk about your domain name. Here you may need to think a little as this is going to be your web address. Select a name appropriate to the area you are thinking of writing about for the blog. If you want, you can use your name. (If you already have a domain enter it in the “Use a domain you own” entry field)
3. Now fill out your account information for Bluehost account:
4. Then fill out your payment information:
5. Now pick the package and options for your blog:
6. Now hit the Create Account button to create a password for your Bluehost account:
7. Now login to your account with the password you just created.
Well done! Now we are ready to create the website.
8 Enter the name of your blog and a tagline. Make sure that you turn on the “Do you want a blog” switch:
9. Now fill in “Tell us a bit more about you”:
10. Now you are ready to pick a theme – here you may go through the recommended themes and select a theme suitable for the kind of blog you are aiming for:
11. Now WordPress will auto-install:
Congratulations, you have a self-hosted WordPress blog!
12. Now you can start building:
13. Explore the Bluehost CPanel:
14. Explore the WordPress Tools:
Some general tips on how to navigate WordPress:
- You can add and create new posts by clicking on “Posts” on the left-hand side when you are logged in.
- If you want to add an image, click on “Media” on the left-hand side.
- You can go to “Appearance,” then “Widgets” in order to add items to your sidebar, footer, and so on. Now you are set to go! If you sign up for Bluehost, and need any help (such as how to pick a plan, pricing, domain name etc.), you can always send me an email and I can help you out. Please do not hesitate to reach out for help at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is how easy it is to start your own blog and share your passions with the world. I hope you enjoy writing for your new blog!